Re: Scrubbing

Ray,

You can use node-exporter+prom+grafana  to collect the load of CPUs
statistics. You can use uptime command to get the current statistics.

On 3/10/22 10:51 PM, Ray Cunningham wrote:

osd_scrub_load_threshold
The normalized maximum load. Ceph will not scrub when the system load (as defined by getloadavg() / number of online CPUs) is higher than this number. Default is 0.5.

Does anyone know how I can run getloadavg() / number of online CPUs so I can see what our load is? Is that a ceph command, or an OS command?

Thank you,
Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Cunningham
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2022 7:59 AM
To: norman.kern <norman.kern@xxxxxxx>
Cc: ceph-users@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE:  Scrubbing

We have 16 Storage Servers each with 16TB HDDs and 2TB SSDs for DB/WAL, so we are using bluestore. The system is running Nautilus 14.2.19 at the moment, with an upgrade scheduled this month. I can't give you a complete ceph config dump as this is an offline customer system, but I can get answers for specific questions.

Off the top of my head, we have set:

osd_max_scrubs 20
osd_scrub_auto_repair true
osd _scrub_load_threashold 0.6