Ceph in kubernetes

I'm running a small kubernetes cluster in the office which is mostly used for gitlab runners. But there are some internal services we would like to run in it, which would require persistent storage.

So here's my idea on how to solve this problem: Add a 1TB SSD in each worker node and let ceph use these disks for storage.

The nodes are all simple, they just have a single disk and does nothing other than run kubernetes. So I can install sdb in each and have a completely uniform setup which I hope will make installation simpler.

Does this setup make sense? I'm not worried about the amount of disk space in the ceph cluster, it's going to be way more than I need. So it's more a question of whether someone who truly understands ceph thinks this is a good or a bad idea?

I would appreciate any thoughts you have about this idea for a setup.

Thank you,

Bo Thorsen.