Re: OSD memory leak?

Dear all,

there is a new development on this old case. After expanding our cluster and adding more disks to each host, the memory leak got really bad and I had to restart all OSDs every 3-4 weeks. Strangely enough, after the 3rd restart following our latest RAM extension the problem disappeared. There was no change in configuration. It is as if the problem just disappeared from one day to the other. The last restart I did the day before my Christmas holidays and since then the RAM usage is stable. I might now even increase the memory limit a bit.

A graph of the recorded memory usage for one of the servers is attached (its the same for all servers). In case the attachment is removed, the image is available here: https://imgur.com/Ly17OTX.

For completeness, the restart of all OSDs was not a reboot of the servers, it was

1) set noout
2) for each host
2.1) stop docker
2.2) wait for peering