Re: quay.io image no longer existing, required for node add to repair cluster

For the last question, cephadm has a config option for whether or not it
tries to convert image tags to repo digest (ceph config set mgr
mgr/cephadm/use_repo_digest true/false). I'm not sure if setting it to
false helps if the tag has already been converted though.

In terms of getting the cluster in order,

In the case there are actually daemons on this replaced node, if this image
doesn't exist anymore you can deploy the individual daemons on the host via
"ceph orch daemon redeploy <daemon-name> <image-name>" to whatever 16.2.6
image you want to use for now. They would still be on a slightly different
image than the other daemons but if they're the same minor version I
imagine it's okay. Once they've been redeployed with a functional image and
are up and running and the health warnings go away you can upgrade the
cluster to whichever image you were redeploying those daemons with and then
they should all end up in line. I do think you would need to add the host
back to the cluster first before you could redeploy the daemons in this
fashion though. Having the host back in the cluster, even if the daemons
are all down, shouldn't cause issues.

If the replaced node doesn't actually have any daemons yet, maybe setting
the global container image to an image that exists "ceph config set global
container_image <image-name>" then adding the host I think should allow you
to place daemons on the host as normal. Again, once things are healthy, you
can use upgrade to make sure every daemon is on the same image.

- Adam King