quay.io image no longer existing, required for node add to repair cluster

Hi,

what would be the correct way to move forward?

I have a 3 node cephadm installed cluster, one node died, the other two are fine and work as expected, so no data loss, but a lot of remapped/degraded.

The dead node was replaced and I wanted to add it to the cluster using "ceph orch host add"

The current container_image seems to be global: quay.io/ceph/ceph@sha256:5d042251e1faa1408663508099cf97b256364300365d403ca5563a518060abac after some update a while back to 16.2.6. (I did not set the image to a digest, ceph upgrade did this apparently)

The new node cannot pull this image, as it no longer exists on quay.io.

I tried to copy the image via docker save & docker load, however the digest is not filled due to security reasons this way.

I kinda do not want to do an additional ceph upgrade until the health is back at ok.

Is there some other way to transfer the image to the new host?

Is it expected, that images on quay max dissapear at any time?

Is it possible to force ceph to use a tag instead of a digest? As I could fix it easily myself then?

Greetings,

Kai