Re: Need feedback on cache tiering

There’s nothing special about our setup really. I’m also open to test any alternative if it improves our user experience. So it would probably make sense to check out the performance meeting you mentioned. :-)

Zitat von Mark Nelson <mnelson@xxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi Eugen,

Thanks for the great feedback.  Is there anything specific about the cache tier itself that you like vs hypothetically having caching live below the OSDs?  There are some real advantages to the cache tier concept, but eviction over the network has definitely been one of the tougher aspects of how it works (imho) compared with block level caching.

Mark