Re: Grafana version

Hi Jeremy,

You can find here
<https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/monitoring/grafana/build/README.md>
(thanks Sebastian for the link) how to build a custom Ceph-Grafana image.

That said, I wouldn't be too worried (only) about these specific CVEs since
the monitoring stack (Grafana-Prometheus) is resource intensive so:

   - With anonymous access (Grafana default), there are so many other ways
   to trigger a DDoS (complex PromQL queries to name a simple one) that you
   should definitely ensure that the monitoring stack is only reachable from
   within a trusted environment and never exposed to public networks.
   - Or you should disable anonymous mode and enable Grafana User
   Authentication <https://grafana.com/docs/grafana/latest/auth/> (e.g.:
   LDAP or Auth Proxy) and/or IP allowlist (more on Grafana securitization
   <https://grafana.com/docs/grafana/latest/administration/security/>).
   - Or rely on a secure reverse proxy (the k8s way).

In any case, thank you for raising concern on those! We hope to move to
Grafana 7.x/8.x soon (6.x doesn't fix all these CVEs and we still need to
validate that the existing dashboards don't break with newer versions).

Kind Regards,
Ernesto