Ceph-osd: Systemd unit remains after zap

Hello all,

Recently I discovered a problem where after taking an OSD out of the cluster and purging it on the OSD node I found that a systemd unit was left over on the system until it was rebooted. This poses a problem in particular for things like prometheus who track these units and think that the OSD is down when it has actually been deleted.

This unit is located in `/run/systemd/system/ceph-osd.target.wants`. The normal process I use to remove the OSD is:
* ceph osd purge osd.X --yes-i-really-mean-it
* umount /var/lib/ceph/osd/osd-x
* ceph-volume lvm zap --destroy /dev/sdX

I would have thought that the zap would remove this unit file but it remains on the node until it is rebooted. To me this seems like a bug but perhaps a missed a step from the OSD removal?

The below versions of software were used:
* ceph - 14.2.18 nautilus
* ubuntu - bionic
* kernel - 5.4.0-80

Kind Regards,