Re: airgap install

On 21.12.2021 09:41, Marc wrote:
I have also an 'airgapped install' but with rpm's, simply cloning the
necessary repositories. Why go through all these efforts trying to get
this to work via containers?

For me that is completely new to Ceph started with the documentation[1] and the recommended method is Cephadm or Rook, so I those Cephadm. Unfortunately I do regret it, not because of the container mirroring since that is the easy part, but because of lacking documentation, lacking feature like replacing disk(where DB is on a shared SSD), bugs and other quirks.

Cephadm is not what I would consider stable and ready for production, so if I had to choose today it would not be Cephadm, but more likely manual install from deb with my own Ansible code or ceph-ansible.
Because then I would have a lot of documentation on how to solve things.

[1] https://docs.ceph.com/en/pacific/install/index.html

--
Kai Stian Olstad