Re: airgap install

On Mon, Dec 13, 2021 at 06:18:55PM +0000, Zoran Bošnjak wrote:
> I am using "ubuntu 20.04" and I am trying to install "ceph pacific" version with "cephadm".
>
> Are there any instructions available about using "cephadm bootstrap" and other related commands in an airgap environment (that is: on the local network, without internet access)?

Unfortunately they say cephadm is stable but I would call it beta because of
lacking feature, bugs and missing documentation.

I can give you some pointers.

The best source to find the images you need is in cephadm code and for 16.2.7
you find it here [1].

cephadm bootstrap has the --image option to specify what image to use.
I also run the bootstrap with --skip-monitoring-stack, if not it fails since it
can't find the images.

After that you can update the monitor containers to you registry.
cephadm shell
ceph config set mgr mgr/cephadm/container_image_prometheus <url to your image>
ceph config set mgr mgr/cephadm/container_image_node_exporter <url to your image>
ceph config set mgr mgr/cephadm/container_image_grafana <url to your image>
ceph config set mgr mgr/cephadm/container_image_alertmanager <url to your image>

Check the result with
ceph config get mgr

To deploy the monitoring
ceph mgr module enable prometheus
ceph orch apply node-exporter '*'
ceph orch apply alertmanager --placement ...
ceph orch apply prometheus --placement ...
ceph orch apply grafana --placement ...

This should be what you need to get Ceph running in an isolated network.

[1] https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/v16.2.7/src/cephadm/cephadm#L50-L61

--
Kai Stian Olstad