Re: Octopus: conversion from ceph-ansible to Cephadm causes unexpected 15.2.15→.13 downgrade for MDSs and RGWs

On 16.12.21 14:58, Florian Haas wrote:

Yes, we are aware that that's how you specify the image *on upgrade.*
The question was about how to avoid the silent *downgrade* of RGWs and
MDSs during ceph orch apply, so that a subsequent point-release upgrade
(within Octopus) for those services is no longer necessary.

I think the default in Octopus is an image named "ceph/ceph:v15" or similar. When deploying RGWs and MDSs after the adoption cephadm pulls that image from Docker hub resulting in the last version there: 15.2.13.

When you do an "ceph orch upgrade --image quay.io/ceph/ceph:v15.2.15" before deploying new RGWs and MDSs you set the new default image for cephadm. No "real" upgrade will be performered as the adopted containers already are running on this image.

Regards
--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Consulting GmbH

https://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-43
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg - HRB 220009 B
Geschäftsführer: Peer Heinlein - Sitz: Berlin