Re: cephfs quota used

On 12/16/21 12:45 PM, Jesper Lykkegaard Karlsen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Cephfs quota work really well for me.
> A cool feature is that if one mounts a folder, which has quotas enabled, then the mountpoint will show as a partition of quota size and how much is used (e.g. with df command), nice!
>
> Now, I want to access the usage information of folders with quotas from root level of the cephfs.
> I have failed to find this information through getfattr commands, only quota limits are shown here, and du-command on individual folders is a suboptimal solution.
> The usage information must be somewhere in ceph metadata/mondb, but where and how do I read?

Hello,
There are extended attributes with counters at the directory level, for
instance:
 getfattr -n ceph.dir.rbytes $DIR
will show the aggregate size of all the files in the directory hierarchy
starting at $DIR.

On some distribution versions (EL7), you can list all these attributes with:
 getfattr -d -m 'ceph.dir.*' $DIR

Loïc.
--
|       Loïc Tortay <tortay@xxxxxxxxxxx> - IN2P3 Computing Centre      |