Re: Adding a RGW realm to a single cephadm-managed ceph cluster

Hi,

it's not entirely clear how your setup looks like, are you trying to setup multiple RGW containers on the same host(s) to serve multiple realms or do you have multiple RGWs for that? You can add a second realm with a spec file or via cli (which you already did). If you want to create multiple RGW containers per host you need to specify a different port for every RGW, see the docs [1] for some examples.

This worked just fine in my Octopus lab except for a little mistake in the "port" spec, apparently this

spec:
  port: 8000

doesn't work:

host1:~ # ceph orch apply -i rgw2.yaml
Error EINVAL: ServiceSpec: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'port'

But this does:

spec:
  rgw_frontend_port: 8000

Now I have two RGW containers on each host, serving two different realms.

[1] https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/cephadm/services/rgw/

Zitat von J-P Methot <jp.methot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,

I'm testing out adding a second RGW realm to my single ceph cluster. This is not very well documented though, since obviously realms were designed for multi-site deployments.

Now, what I can't seem to figure is if I need to deploy a container with cephadm to act as a frontend for this second realm and, if so, how? I've set a frontend port and address when I created the second realm, but my attempts at creating a RGW container for that realm didn't work at all, with the container just not booting up.

--
Jean-Philippe Méthot
Senior Openstack system administrator