Re: OSD spend too much time on "waiting for readable" -> slow ops -> laggy pg -> rgw stop -> worst case osd restart

Am 04.11.21 um 23:51 schrieb Sage Weil:
> Can you try setting paxos_propose_interval to a smaller number, like .3 (by default it is 2 seconds) and see if that has any effect.
>
> It sounds like the problem is not related to getting the OSD marked down (or at least that is not the only thing going on).  My next guess is that the peering process that follows needs to get OSDs' up_thru values to update and there is delay there.
>
> Thanks!
> sage

I remember that someone wrote earlier that the issues while upgrading from Nautilus to Octopus started at the point where the osd compat level is set to octopus.

So one of my initial guesses back when I tried to analyze this issue was that it has something to do with the new "read from all osds not just the primary" feature.

Makes that sense?

Best,

Peter