Re: OSD spend too much time on "waiting for readable" -> slow ops -> laggy pg -> rgw stop -> worst case osd restart

Hi Sage,

The "osd_fast_shutdown" is set to "false"
As we upgraded to luminous I also had blocked IO issuses with this
enabled.

Some weeks ago I tried out the options "osd_fast_shutdown" and
"osd_fast_shutdown_notify_mon" and also got slow ops while
stopping/starting OSDs. But I didn't ceck if this triggert the
problem with the read_leases or if this triggert my old issue
with the fast shutodnw.

You write if the osd rejects messenger connections, because it is
stopped, the peering process will skip the read_lease timeout. If the
OSD annouces its shutdown, can we not skip this read_lease timeout as
well?

These days I will test the fast_shutdown switch again and will share the
corresponding logs with you.

Viele Grüße aus Karlsruhe
Manuel