Re: Can CEPH RBD devices be assigned to virtual machines in pre-allocation mode?

> Am 22.10.2021 um 13:48 schrieb Tommy Sway <sz_cuitao@xxxxxxx>:
>
> Yes, I am using qemu. And what I need to config to enable it ?

The current QEMU red driver currently does not support preprovisioning modes for qemu-img create or expand.
>From octopus onwards there is an option for thick-provisioning. To get fast preprovisioning you need Octopus (available) and an updated QEMU driver (not yet available).

I have recently made several improvements to the Qemu driver and if there is need for it I can look into preprovisioning support as well.

Peter