Re: Multisite reshard stale instances

On 01/10/2021 17:00, Szabo, Istvan (Agoda) wrote:
I just left it and I stopped using synchronous multisite replication. I'm only using directional for a while which is working properly.

So you did setup a sync policy to only sync in one direction?

In my setup the secondary site does not receive any writes anyways, so it's likely not about changes that happend to the same bucket in both sites. Somehow I ended up with a few stale instances in both sites though - but some even for buckets which don't exist anymore and the lists are not the same. The lists don't appear to be growing, but still, I'd like to clean those up.

I did not explicitly disable dynamic sharding in ceph.conf until recently - but question is, if this was even necessary since RGW does recognize when it's running in multisite sync.

Regards

Christian