Re: Ceph packages for Rocky Linux

> If rocky8 had a ceph-common I would go with that.

rocky/almalinux/centos/rhel 8 don't have a ceph-common package in the base
packages.
This was true for el7 but not for el8.

> It would (presumably) be tested more, since it comes with the original
distro.

I would avoid that since you won't probably match the same version (major
and/or minor) as the one used by your cluster.
In general, the ceph-common package coming from the distro doesn't change
during the lifecycle of this distro (like 10.2.5 on el7).

Regards,

Dimitri