Re: Ceph packages for Rocky Linux

Yes, it’s supposed to be, but they have their own package repo and mirrors, separate from Redhat.  I’ve also heard that there are some differences between the two under the hood, specifically OpenHPC-related, which make CentOS 8.4 and Rocky Linux 8.4 not compatible.

Maybe I’m mistaken, but I thought that CentOS included ceph-common in their own repos, so just doing “yum install ceph-common” worked.  This doesn’t work on Rocky.
Just wondering if adding the rh8 ceph repo will work on Rocky, or if there are any nuances and that’s why it’s not included.

Thanks!

George