Question about mon and manager(s)

Hi all,

finally my (test) cluster is up and running!

Thank you very much for all the people here in list that helped me.

I now have some final questions:

1. In my cluster I have three monitors; when one monitor is down (I simply shut down) raising a ceph -s underline that there are two monitors alive and one down; when 2/3 of monitors down the cluster became unresponsive (ceph -s remains stuck); is this normal?

2. In the ceph website I've read to install one manager for each monitor; however I've found instructions to install just the first manager on first monitor; can I follow the same procedure to install the additional managers or a different procedure (like the one followed for the additional monitors) is required?

3. Running CentOS I disabled firewalld and selinux; considering the production cluster behind a perimeter firewall and not queried directed by clients but through an API, your ideas about this choice is welcome;

4. Any experience to share about running ceph on debian instead of centos / rhel is also welcome.

I point to share my work and any opinion will be appreciated.

Francesco