Re: performance between ceph-osd and crimson-osd

Hi Shin,

a side note -  you disk choice might be inappropriate for Ceph - AFAIK this is a consumer model which apparently lacks power loss protection.

This causes dramatic performance drop when each write request is followed by fsync one. And this is the mode RocksDB/BlueFS work in. Hence expect pretty low performance numbers for BlueStore - especially when small writes are benchmarked.

Thanks,

Igor