Re: performance between ceph-osd and crimson-osd

> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AXj9h0yDc2ztFWuptqcTrNU2Ui3wMyAn
> 6QUft3CPdcc/edit?usp=sharing
>

> The gist of it is that on the read path, crimson+cyanstore is
> significantly more efficient than crimson+alienstore and any classic
> setup.  We are slower in terms of absolute performance, but that's
> expected to be the case until the multi-reactor work is done.  The
> thinking right now is that we probably have some optimization we can do
> alienstore and of course bluestore as well (We have ongoing work
> there).  On the write path things are a little murkier.  Cyanstore for
> some reason is more efficient with very small and very large datasets
> but not the middle size case. alienstore/bluestore and classic memstore
> efficiency seems to drop overall as the dataset size grows.  In fact
> classic memstore is significantly less efficient on the write path than
> bluestore is and this isn't the first dataset to show this.

Sorry for maybe asking out of scope, but I am curious. I think I tried asking once on such video conference one can join. But how is this new crimson osd being developed?

- Are you designing/developing this completely in-house?
- Are you cooperating with some university (or other external party) that discovered some new technology?
- Are you sharing knowledge with other software defined storage solutions?
- How much % of the work on crimson would you characterize as own innovation and how % as applying already available technology?