Re: [Suspicious newsletter] Re: create a Multi-zone-group sync setup

Hey Boris,

On 18/08/2021 08:49, Boris Behrens wrote:
I've set up realm,first zonegroup with the zone and a sync user in the
master setup, and commited.
Then I've pulled the periode on the 2nd setup and added a 2nd zonegroup
with a zone and commited.

Now I can create users in the master setup, but not in the 2nd (as it
doesn't sync back). But I am not able to create a bucket or so with the
credentials of the users I created.

Did you define the one zonegroup as the master then? Not just the zone in there, but the actual zonegroup? As the meta-data is always written to the master zone in the master zonegroup (as far as I understood the concept) and since you are
running two zonegroups, you need to set one as master.

I am looking into a multi-site setup myself - but with synced data (two zones in one zonegroup) and am wondering about using a common hostname for users to access the s3 API which I can then move to point to the master (the thread on the ML is at https://lists.ceph.io/hyperkitty/list/ceph-users@xxxxxxx/message/UQSASRZAA4NONIZWFRFVFQFYSJBCOCNK/).

I suppose in your case you don't mind having dedicated hostnames for each site and for users to select one of them?

Regards

Christian