Re: Multiple DNS names for RGW?

On 17/08/2021 13:37, Janne Johansson wrote:
Don't forget that v4 auth bakes in the clients idea of what the
hostname of the endpoint was, so its not only about changing headers.
If you are not using v2 auth, you will not be able to rewrite the
hostname on the fly.

Thanks for the heads up in this regard.

How would one achieve the idea of having two distinct sites, i.e.

* s3-az1.example.com
* s3-az2.example.com

each having their own rgw_dns_name set and doing mult-site sync, but also having a generic hostname, s3.example.com,
that I can simply reconfigure to point to the master?

From what you said I read that I cannot:

a) use an additonal rgw_dns_name, as only one can be configured (right?)
b) simply rewrite the hostname from the frontend-proxy / lb to the backends as this will invalidate the sigv4 the clients do?

Regards

Christian