Re: Announcing go-ceph v0.11.0

Op 10-08-2021 om 22:32 schreef Xiaolong Jiang:
Thank you for your response.

We are making a choice between go and java. Internally, our company has very good java ecosystem support with spring which I don't want to lose. Go binding is being actively developed/supported, it's a better choice too. I am still not sure which is the one I will choose.

I wrote the Java bindings and have been maintaining them ever since. In the last time I haven't paid much attention to them as a) I don't use them myself anymore, b) they work for most use-cases.

If fixes are needed then Pull Requests are more then welcome!

Wido

On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 1:20 PM John Mulligan <phlogistonjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:phlogistonjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On Tuesday, August 10, 2021 2:18:59 PM EDT Xiaolong Jiang wrote:
     > Hi John,
     >
     > I noticed the java binding repo has not been updated for a while.
    As the
     > user, is it recommended to use go-binding?

    If you want to use Go (aka golang) I can certainly recommend
    go-ceph. However
    I can't speak much to other language bindings as I don't follow the
    development or help with other bindings.

    I hope that helps!

     > > On Aug 10, 2021, at 10:31 AM, John Mulligan
    <phlogistonjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:phlogistonjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
     > > wrote:
     > >
     > > I'm happy to announce another release of the go-ceph API
     > > library. This is a regular release following our
    every-two-months release

    <mailto:dev-leave@xxxxxxx>

--
Best regards,