Re: we're living in 2005.

Den mån 26 juli 2021 kl 16:56 skrev <yuri@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> and there's an irc channel that's dead.

This might have an explanation, presumably because of tons of spam
bots, the ceph channel (or whole oftc network?) requires you to be
registered (which I wasn't), so I was posting a lot to IRC these last
weeks and felt quite ignored since certain people kept asking again
even while I was repeating my answers.

On irssi (and I guess other clients too), the answer was in the
general server tab, which stated:

11:47 -!- #ceph Cannot send to channel (You are not registered and verified.
          '/msg NickServ help' to learn how to register and verify)

So while I do support anti-spam measures and had no troubles
registering, at least my client did not tell me well enough that my
posts weren't showing to others, so I went on answering questions with
text that no one saw. I guess some others did the same and hence the
channel felt more dead than it actually was.

I suggest ceph channel ops puts this into the topic so users know they
need to register before their submitted text appears.