Re: Can single Ceph cluster run on various OS families

icy chan (icy.kf.chan) writes:

> Are there any practices for OS upgrade/migration that can be found from the
> official site?
>
> My drafted plan is:
>   1. [CentOS 7] Adopt the cluster by cephadm via upgrading it from Nautilus
> to Octopus.
>   2. Reinstall the nodes one by one (with new OS)

	As long as the software version is the same (or at least, same major
	release), and your mons maintain quorum, you should be fine - we migrated
	from Ubuntu CEPH packages to croit.io's solution, one OSD node at a time,
	and it went very smoothly. You would probably want to add the extra mons
	first, then retire the old ones, in a rolling fashion.