Re: RGW performance as a Veeam capacity tier

No, that's pretty slow, you should get at least 10x that for
sequential writes. Sounds like Veeam is doing a lot of sync random
writes. If you are able to add a bit of SSD (preferably NVMe) for
journaling, that can help random IO a lot. Alternatively, look into IO
settings for Veeam.

For reference, we have ~100 drives with size=3, and get ~3 GiB/s
sequential with the right benchmark tuning.