Re: Cephfs slow, not busy, but doing high traffic in the metadata pool

Hi,

That's interesting -- yes on a lightly loaded cluster the metadata IO
should be almost nil.
You can debug what is happening using  ceph daemonperf on the active
MDS, e.g. https://pastebin.com/raw/n0iD8zXY

(Use a wide terminal to show all the columns).

Normally, lots of md io would indicate that the cache size is too
small for the workload; but since you said the clients are pretty
idle, this might not be the case for you.

Cheers, Dan