Re: Can we deprecate FileStore in Quincy?

>> At a Ceph Day in Hillsboro someone, forgive me for not remembering
>> who, spoke of running production on servers with 2GB RAM per OSD.  He
>> said that it was painful, required a lot of work, and would not
>> recommend it.  ymmv.
>
> Yeah, I wouldn't want to go below 4GB RAM.

FWIW, I have been running several production clusters with osd_memory_target = 3GB without issues (with Nautilus / Bluestore, 4TB to 12TB hard drives and from 300 to 1400 OSDs per cluster). I have an external caching layer for hot data though, so that cache misses on Ceph are the common case and not an issue.

Eric