Re: RBD as a boot image [was: libceph: get_reply osd2 tid 1459933 data 3248128 > preallocated 131072, skipping]

Hi Nico,

we are already doing exactly that:

which contains the necessary modules and scripts to boot an RBD boot dev.
Works just fine.

And Ilya just helped to work out the last show stopper, thanks again for
that!

We are using a modified LTSP system for this.

We have proposed some patches to LTSP to get the necessary facilities
upstream but Alkis Georgopoulos first want to see that there is enough
interest for that before he considers merging our patch or creating the
necessary changes himself.

However the necessary initrd code is already available in this merge
request:
https://github.com/trickkiste/ltsp/blob/feature-boot_method-rbd/debian/ltsp-rbd.initramfs-script

I see you are from Switzerland - neighbors!
Out of interest, what are you planning to use this for? Servers, Thin/Fat
Clients?

My best regards
Markus