Re: rbd snap create now working and just hangs forever

Am Fr., 23. Apr. 2021 um 11:52 Uhr schrieb Ilya Dryomov <idryomov@xxxxxxxxx
>:

> This snippet confirms my suspicion.  Unfortunately without a verbose
> log from that VM from three days ago (i.e. when it got into this state)
> it's hard to tell what exactly went wrong.
>
> The problem is that the VM doesn't consider itself to be the rightful
> owner of the lock and so when "rbd snap create" requests the lock from
> it in order to make a snapshot, the VM just ignores the request because
> even though it owns the lock, its record appears to be of sync.
>
> I'd suggest to kick it by restarting osd36.  If the VM is active, it
> should reacquire the lock and hopefully update its internal record as
> expected.  If "rbd snap create" still hangs after that, it would mean
> that we have a reproducer and can gather logs on the VM side.
>
> What version of qemu/librbd and ceph is in use (both on the VM side and
> on the side you are running "rbd snap create"?
>
> I just stopped the OSD, waited some seconds and started it again.
I still can't create snapshots.

Ceph version is 14.2.18 accross the board
qemu is 4.1.0-1
as we use krbd, the kernel version is 5.2.9-arch1-1-ARCH

How can I gather more logs to debug it?

--
Die Selbsthilfegruppe "UTF-8-Probleme" trifft sich diesmal abweichend im
groüen Saal.