Re: rbd snap create now working and just hangs forever

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 4:20 PM Boris Behrens <bb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a customer VM that is running fine, but I can not make snapshots
> anymore.
> rbd snap create rbd/IMAGE@test-bb-1
> just hangs forever.

Hi Boris,

Run

$ rbd snap create rbd/IMAGE@test-bb-1 --debug-ms=1 --debug-rbd=20

let it hang for a few minutes and attach the output.

> When I checked the status with
> rbd status rbd/IMAGE
> it shows one watcher, the cpu node where the VM is running.
>
> What can I do to investigate further, without restarting the VM.
> This is the only affected VM and it stopped working three days ago.

Can you think of any event related to the cluster, that VM or the
VM fleet in general that occurred three days ago?

Thanks,

                Ilya