cephadm upgrade to pacific

I am attempting to upgrade a Ceph Upgrade cluster that was deployed with
Octopus 15.2.8 and upgraded to 15.2.10 successfully. I'm not attempting to
upgrade to 16.2.0 Pacific, and it is not going very well.

 I am using cephadm. It looks to have upgraded the managers and stopped,
and not moved on to the monitors or anything else. I've attempted stopping
the upgrade and restarting it, with debug on and I'm not seeing anything to
say why it is not progressing any further.

I've also tried rebooting machines and failing the managers over with
no success. I'm currently thinking its stuck attempting to upgrade a
manager that does not exist.

Its a test cluster of 16 nodes, bit of a proof of concept, so if I've got
something terribly wrong I'm happy to look at deploying, (running on top of
CentOS 7 but I'm fast heading to using something else) (apart from anything
its not really a production ready system yet)

Just not sure where cephadm upgrade has crashed in 16.2.0

Thanks in advance

Peter