Re: First 6 nodes cluster with Octopus

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Wednesday, March 31, 2021 3:16 PM, Stefan Kooman <stefan@xxxxxx> wrote:

> "Daemon containers deployed with cephadm, however, do not need /etc/ceph
> at all. Use the --output-dir <directory> option to put them in a
> different directory (for example, .). This may help avoid conflicts with
> an existing Ceph configuration (cephadm or otherwise) on the same host."
>
> So yeah, it looks like you can just mount the SSD in a suitable place
> and tell cephadm what it is. For the OSDs you can use a "spec" file
> (YAML) to specify how and what drives you want to use: ceph orch daemon
> add osd <host>:<device-path>

If I understand the meaning of the "--output-dir" parameter of cephadm correctly this only says where to store the ceph.conf file and does not say for example where the data of the MON is stored.

Based on the ceph-mon man page it looks like the correct parameter is called "mon data", as I deduct from the following man page phrase:

"The mon datapath refers to a directory on a local file system storing monitor data. It is normally specified via the mon data option in the configuration file." (Source: https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/man/8/ceph-mon/)

So how would I pass that parameter to cephadm? and would that data path be a path inside the container or outside on the host?