First 6 nodes cluster with Octopus

Hello,

I am planning to setup a small Ceph cluster for testing purpose with 6 Ubuntu nodes and have a few questions mostly regarding planning of the infra.

1) Based on the documentation the OS requirements mentions Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, is it ok to use Ubuntu 20.04 instead or should I stick with 18.04?

2) The documentation recommends using Cephadm for new deployments, so I will use that but I read that with Cephadm everything is running in containers, so is this the new way to go? Or is Ceph in containers kind of still experimental?

3) As I will be needing cephfs I will also need MDS servers so with a total of 6 nodes I am planning the following layout:

Node 1: MGR+MON+MDS
Node 2: MGR+MON+MDS
Node 3: MGR+MON+MDS
Node 4: OSD
Node 5: OSD
Node 6: OSD

Does this make sense? I am mostly interested in stability and HA with this setup.

4) Is there any special kind of demand in terms of disks on the MGR+MON+MDS nodes? Or can I use have my OS disks on these nodes? As far as I understand the MDS will create a metadata pool on the OSDs.

Thanks for the hints.

Best,
Mabi