Re: Can I create 8+2 Erasure coding pool on 5 node?

Once you have your additional 5 nodes you can adjust your crushrule to have
failure domain = host and ceph will rebalance the data automatically for
you. This will involve quite a bit of data movement (at least 50% of your
data will need to be migrated) so can take some time. Also the official
recommendation is to run min_size = K+2 on an EC pool which in your case
would make your cluster unavailable for any maintenance event that takes
out a whole node. With 14 TB drives, drive failure recovery will take
significant amount of time (especially the backfill of the new drive which
can easily take a couple of weeks)
Keep in mind that recovery generally increases the pressure on cluster
resources significantly so if you design your cluster for the happy day
case only, you will suffer greatly when trouble hits (and this is a
question of "when" and not "if"). I know plenty people who would not run a
cluster with at least one node to spare on their failure domain (i.e. for
EC run at least K + M + 1 nodes or for replication N run at least N + 1
nodes). Generally people's time and mental health are worth more (or should
be) than the few $ (comparatively) you'd save in HW.