Re: ceph octopus mysterious OSD crash

On 3/19/21 7:47 PM, Philip Brown wrote:

I see.

I dont think it works when 7/8 devices are already configured, and the SSD is already mostly sliced.

OK. If it is a test cluster you might just blow it all away. By doing this you are simulating a "SSD" failure taking down all HDDs with it. It sure isn't pretty. I would say the situation you ended up with is not a corner case by any means. I am afraid I would really need to set up a test cluster with cephadm to help you further at this point, besides the suggestion above.

Gr. Stefan