Re: ceph octopus mysterious OSD crash

Unfortunately, neither of those things will work.

because

ceph orch daemon add

does not have a syntax that lets me add an SSD as a journal to a HDD

and likewise

ceph orch apply osd --all-available-devices

will not do the right thing. both for mixed ssd/hdd.. but also, even though I have a lovely  deployspec that does

data_devices:
  rotational: 1
db_devices:
  rotational: 0

and works WONDERFULLY if you are giving it brand new unused SSDS and HDDS....
(it will actually carve up the SSD into lvns based on how many HDDS are present)...

I dont think it works when 7/8 devices are already configured, and the SSD is already mostly sliced.