Re: mon db growing. over 500Gb

HI Andreas,

That's good to know. I managed to fix the problem! Here is my journey in
case it helps anyone:

My system drives are only 512GB so I added spare 1Tb drives to each server
and moved the mon db to the new drive. I set noout, nobackfill and norecover
and enabled only the ceph mon and osd services (disabled mgr and mds in case
they were throwing the log messages). I then let it sit. In the first hour
the db expanded:

mon.a: 1GB ->80GB
mon.b: 500GB ->550GB
mon.c:  500GB ->500GB

then after another hour mon.a increased to 100GB but mon.c dropped to 50GB.
After another hour mon.a and mon.c were down to ~10Gb. By the next morning
the final mon was also ~10Gb and the cluster was happy again. Thank you
ceph!

It would be great to know what caused this initial inflation but my take
away is to keep the mon db on a drive separate the OS in case of db
overinflation (and the 10GB min hardware requirements should have an
asterisk if this is a common issue). I think part of my issue was that
inflation started interfering with OS functions, exacerbating things.

Thanks all for your help. Definitely helped me sort things out.

Best,
Ricardo