Re: cephadm (curl master)/15.2.9:: how to add orchestration

On 3/11/21 3:07 PM, Sebastian Wagner wrote:
Hi Adrian,
Hi!

Am 11.03.21 um 13:55 schrieb Adrian Sevcenco:
Hi! After an initial bumpy bootstrapping (IMHO the defaults should be
whatever is already defined in .ssh of the user and custom values setup
with cli arguments) now i'm stuck adding any service/hosts/osds because
apparently i lack orchestration

did you call bootstrap with --skip-ssh? Might explain this.
yes.. i did a lot of tryout to make it work with the already existing keys and ~/.ssh/config .. quite frustrating ..

Don't know how you ended up with your url, but the correct one is:

https://docs.ceph.com/en/octopus/mgr/orchestrator/
this is the link presented by dashboard when goint to Hosts or Inventory
and warning me that i lack orchestration and pointing me to this documentation link

$ ceph mgr module enable cephadm
$ ceph orch set backend cephadm
great thanks a lot!!
i can now add OSDs..

$ ceph cephadm set-ssh-config -i ...
$ cephadm set-priv-key -i ...
$ cephadm set-pub-key -i ...
i found that i can set these in the bootstrap...

Thanks a lot for help!
Adrian

Then

https://docs.ceph.com/en/octopus/cephadm/install/#add-hosts-to-the-cluster

should get you going again.

I'd recommend to avoid calling --skip-ssh to avoid this roundtrip.
Setting the ssh configs via

https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/man/8/cephadm/#bootstrap

works better typically.

.. the the documentation show a big
"Page does not exist"
see
https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/docs/octopus/mgr/orchestrator

so, what is it and what options do i have?
to set up it seems that is as easy as:
ceph orch set backend

I just started with ceph and i just want to start a ceph service (i
cannot call it a cluster) on my desktop (with 2 dedicated osds) to get
familiar also with usage.

Thanks a lot!
Adrian

Adrian Sevcenco, Ph.D.                       |
Institute of Space Science - ISS, Romania    |
adrian.sevcenco at {cern.ch,spacescience.ro} |