Re: mon db growing. over 500Gb

Thanks for the input Lincoln.

I think I am in a similar boat. I don't have the insight module activated. I
checked one of my troublesome monitors with the command you game and indeed
it is full of logm messages. I am not sure what would have caused it though.
My OSDs have been behaving relatively ok.

I tried rebooting all my OSDs with mds and mgr disabled and am in the same
spot. Starting the mon manually with mon_compact_on_start gives:

ceph@a /m/c/m/c/store.db> /usr/bin/ceph-mon -f --cluster ceph --id a
--setuser ceph --setgroup ceph

ignoring --setuser ceph since I am not root

ignoring --setgroup ceph since I am not root

2021-03-10T16:47:10.017-0800 7f076f143540 -1 compacting monitor store ...

It hangs on compaction meanwhile the store.db keeps expanding. Seems like
there is something wrong with compaction since I don't think the mon is
connected yet at this point and I have every other ceph service disabled.

I had to increase ulimit at this point.

any thoughts on how to procede? Is there a way I can clear the db of these
messages?

Thanks everyone