From: ricardo.re.azevedo@xxxxxxxxx <ricardo.re.azevedo@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2021 5:59 PM
To: ceph-users@xxxxxxx <ceph-users@xxxxxxx>
Subject:  mon db growing. over 500Gb

Hi all,

I have a fairly pressing issue. I had a monitor fall out of quorum because
it ran out of disk space during rebalancing from switching to upmap. I
noticed all my monitor store.db started taking up nearly all disk space so I
set noout, nobackfill and norecover and shutdown all the monitor daemons.
Each store.db was at:

mon.a 89GB (the one that firt dropped out)

mon.a 400GB

mon.c 400GB

I tried setting mon_compact_on_start. This brought  mon.a down to 1GB. Cool.
However, when I try it on the other monitors it increased the db size
~1Gb/10s so I shut them down again.

Any idea what is going on? Or how can I shrik back down the db?