Re: Getting started with cephadm

Perhaps just swap out your hosts one at a time with a different
distribution that's more current. We also use podman from the Kubic
project instead of the OS-provided version. Just make sure to backup
package files when you install versions from there, as they wipe their
repos of the old version when new versions come out, leaving you with
little ability to roll-back.

That output you see is related to LVM, and will likely go away when
you reboot. We see the same behavior even with Podman 3.0.1, but part
of our setup process involves rebooting all hosts in order to ensure
they behave properly. FWIW, this output doesn't impact anything
negatively, other than being annoying on every ceph command.

I suppose what I'm asking is what this: "start having problems
starting the OSD up" means, specifically, from your initial email.
What behavior do you see? What do logs show? Hopefully that will help
pinpoint the root cause of your problems.