Re: Backups of monitor [EXT]

Hi Matthew,

I have always seen (and this is what we ourselves practice) that 3 is the
optimal number of monitors for all but the most extreme clusters.

We have never had an issue with that setup.  We run monitors as VMs on
either Proxmox or VMWare, and back them up, and replicate as well, so there
is HA and the ability to bring a mon back from a short while ago, in which
case it will synchronize with the rest of the cluster quickly - we had
tested this successfully in the lab.

It does not seem like going to 5 mons is necessary for you.

--
Alex Gorbachev
I <https://alextelescope.blogspot.com>ntelligent Systems Services Inc.