Re: Speed of S3 Ceph gateways

You'll want to review your rgw configuration on ceph. How many gateways are
you using? Are you using any sort of load balancer in front of them? Are
you using BEAST or civet?

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 9:13 AM <michal.strnad@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We are testing our S3 Ceph endpoints and we are not satisfied with its
> speed. Our results are something between around 120 - 150 MB/s depending
> on small/bigger files. This is good for 1Gbps connection, but not for
> 10GE or more.
>
> We've tried the most recent versions of the AWS CLI, s3cmd, s4cmd, s3fs
> ... programs. Of course we are using multipart upload/download which is
> precondition for parallel upload/download. Also we tried multi-thread
> (25 or more threads) transfer in s4cmd but still we don't get proper
> results.
>
> For proof of concept that high speed can be achieved we have written
> small script in bash which uses multi-part & parallel transfer and can
> saturate at least 10GE without problem.
>
> I would like to ask you, if you know proper program and its parameters,
> so we can saturate n x 10GE if needed?
>
> We are using the latest nautilus.
> S3 gateways have much more computer power and bandwidth to internet then
> it is used right now.
>
> Thank you
>
> Regards
> Michal Strnad

Steven Pine

*E * steven.pine@xxxxxxxxxx  |  *P * 516.938.4100 x
*Webair* | 501 Franklin Avenue Suite 200, Garden City NY, 11530
webair.com
[image: Facebook icon] <https://www.facebook.com/WebairInc/>  [image:
Twitter icon] <https://twitter.com/WebairInc> [image: Linkedin icon]
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/webair>
NOTICE: This electronic mail message and all attachments transmitted with
it are intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain legally
privileged proprietary and confidential information. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, or if you are an employee or agent
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use
of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this message and delete it from your computer.