Speed of S3 Ceph gateways

Hi all,

We are testing our S3 Ceph endpoints and we are not satisfied with its
speed. Our results are something between around 120 - 150 MB/s depending
on small/bigger files. This is good for 1Gbps connection, but not for
10GE or more.

We've tried the most recent versions of the AWS CLI, s3cmd, s4cmd, s3fs
... programs. Of course we are using multipart upload/download which is
precondition for parallel upload/download. Also we tried multi-thread
(25 or more threads) transfer in s4cmd but still we don't get proper
results.

For proof of concept that high speed can be achieved we have written
small script in bash which uses multi-part & parallel transfer and can
saturate at least 10GE without problem.

I would like to ask you, if you know proper program and its parameters,
so we can saturate n x 10GE if needed?

We are using the latest nautilus.
S3 gateways have much more computer power and bandwidth to internet then
it is used right now.

Thank you

Regards
Michal Strnad