Re: [Suspicious newsletter] Re: Centos 8 2021 with ceph, how to move forward?

There is also flatcar linux, which is another drop in replacement for CoreOS

https://www.flatcar-linux.org/

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 8:31 AM Jonathan Sélea <jonathan@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have used CEPH together with Debian for many years and it has worked
> great for my usecase too.
> In the end it all comes down to what you find most convenient that works
> best. CEPH is still CEPH despite what kind of distro that is running
> below :)
>
> --
> Jonathan Sélea
>
> Website:
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__jonathanselea.se&d=DwIGaQ&c=o2Rg2hCP31Es1DdrOYH75Q&r=nlH9as41pOAFGedmomWLrWIQiijGsymnChVNhHPbXMM&m=YO9IABT3FUn2MK_7YM6XmYomQdvzd8lfwiCpLk-CzYU&s=x6Z2Wr3YSxcKy65I6nmWnyMyRqh7IUrkgYVx6wstxxI&e=
> PGP Key: 0x8B35B3C894B964DD
> Fingerprint: 4AF2 10DE 996B 673C 0FD8  AFA0 8B35 B3C8 94B9 64DD
>

> On 2021-01-14 16:50, Sasha Litvak wrote:
> > What is not clear for me is what will be available for container
> > images.  I
> > run ceph in containers.  Also I wonder if IBM will decide closing ceph
> > and
> > other projects cimilar to CentOS.
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 14, 2021, 7:01 AM Szabo, Istvan (Agoda)
> > <Istvan.Szabo@xxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Thank you guys, so we might should use ububtu based then as it has
> >> good
> >> driver support and the lts sounds like a working solution.
> >>
> >> Istvan Szabo
> >> Senior Infrastructure Engineer
> >> Agoda Services Co., Ltd.
> >> e: istvan.szabo@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:istvan.szabo@xxxxxxxxx>
> >>
> >> On 2021. Jan 14., at 19:50, Martin Verges <martin.verges@xxxxxxxx>
> >> wrote:
> >>
> >> Email received from outside the company. If in doubt don't click
> >> links
> >> nor open attachments!
> >> ________________________________
> >>
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> we from croit use Ceph on Debian and deploy all our clusters with it.
> >> It works like a charm and I personally have quite good experience with
> >> it since ~20 years. It is a fantastic solid OS for Servers.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Martin Verges
> >> Managing director
> >>
> >> Mobile: +49 174 9335695
> >> E-Mail: martin.verges@xxxxxxxx
> >> Chat:
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__t.me_MartinVerges&d=DwIGaQ&c=o2Rg2hCP31Es1DdrOYH75Q&r=nlH9as41pOAFGedmomWLrWIQiijGsymnChVNhHPbXMM&m=YO9IABT3FUn2MK_7YM6XmYomQdvzd8lfwiCpLk-CzYU&s=8qhht0UAEfRAgEvu5DkBIAass5IK-ZGjqS_V6xnEz0o&e=
> >>
> >> croit GmbH, Freseniusstr. 31h, 81247 Munich
> >> CEO: Martin Verges - VAT-ID: DE310638492
> >> Com. register: Amtsgericht Munich HRB 231263
> >>
> >> Web:
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__croit.io&d=DwIGaQ&c=o2Rg2hCP31Es1DdrOYH75Q&r=nlH9as41pOAFGedmomWLrWIQiijGsymnChVNhHPbXMM&m=YO9IABT3FUn2MK_7YM6XmYomQdvzd8lfwiCpLk-CzYU&s=GEUZhYhj3PIMFyLm1tYshzl5qVS_po4I-txNgelpiYc&e=
> >> YouTube:
> [...]

This e-mail and all information in, attached to, or linked via this
e-mail (together the ‘e-mail’) is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the intended addressee(s). Access to,
or any onward transmission, of this e-mail by any other person is not
authorised. If you are not the intended recipient, you are requested to
immediately alert the sender of this e-mail and to immediately delete this
e-mail. Any disclosure in any form of all or part of this e-mail, or of any
the parties to it, including any copying, distribution or any action taken
unlawful.

This e-mail is not, and is not intended to be, and should
not be construed as being, (a) any offer, solicitation, or promotion of any
kind; (b) the basis of any investment or other decision(s);  (c) any
recommendation to buy, sell or transact in any manner any good(s),
product(s) or service(s), nor engage in any investment(s) or other
transaction(s) or activities;  or (d) the provision of, or related to, any
advisory service(s) or activities, including regarding any investment, tax,
legal, financial, accounting, consulting or any other related service(s).