Re: bug? cant turn off rbd cache?

Huhhh..
It seems worthwhile to point out two inconsistencies, then.

1. the "old way", of  ceph config set global rbd_cache false

doesnt require this odd redundant "global set global" syntax. It is confusing to users to have to specify "global" twice.
may I suggest that the syntax for rbd config be adjusted, so that people can simply use
rbd config global ...
or
rbd config client ...

not
rbd config global set (global/client)

2. The fact that "ceph config set global rbd_cache false" works, seems to imply that putting

[global]
rbd cache = false

in /etc/ceph/ceph.conf should work also.

Except it doesnt.
Even after fully shutting down every node in the ceph cluster and doing a cold startup.

is that a bug?