Re: bug? cant turn off rbd cache?

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 10:41 AM Philip Brown <pbrown@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Huhhh...
>
> Its unfortunate that every google search i did for turning off rbd cache, specified "put it in the [client] section".
> Doh.
>
> Maybe this would make a good candidate to update the ceph rbd docs?

As an open source project, I highly encourage you to give back in any
way you can [1].

> Speaking of which.. what is the *exact* syntax for that command please?
> None of the below work:
>
>  rbd config global set rbd_cache  false
>  rbd config global set rbd cache  false
>  rbd config global set conf_rbd_cache  false
>  rbd config global set rbd cache  false
>  rbd config global set global cache  false
>
> and the error messages are not helpful. for example,
>
> # rbd config global set  cache  false
> rbd: invalid config entity: cache (must be global, client or client.<id>)
>

> ??? I already specified global??

... because a global configuration override can apply to all entities,
to all clients, or to specific clients (hence the examples for the
entity parameter).

> but then
>
> # rbd config global set global cache  false
> rbd: not rbd option: cache

... the configuration option is "rbd_cache" as documented here [2].

[1] https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/start/documenting-ceph/
[2] https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/rbd/rbd-config-ref/#cache-settings

--
Jason